Wednesday, April 05, 2006

This is the end, the end, my friend, the end.

Well, not quite the end of the semester yet, I'm afraid. But, that doesn't mean I don't want it to come any faster.
I'm currently working on rough drafts for all of my classes. Is it me, or do these rough drafts take a lot longer than they used to? I don't know if it's me being hedgy, or if I'm being much more meticulous in my writing. Meh.

This weekend will be both fun and incredibly strenuous. One of my professors is retiring, so they are having a 2 day conference in his honor. This is a fantastic event with the major players in the field. However, I also have about 4600 words due on Monday. I'm currently around 1000. So, we'll see how this turns out.

I promised many people that I would go out for shooting pool and partying to my heart's desire on Thursday (whoa, that's tomorrow!), but I now realize that promises were made to be broken. Damnit, I'm going to have that draft complete by Monday!

As the semester closes in upon me like a lion to its prey, I wonder why this particular semester felt so much better than the last? Have I stopped caring? Have I started to care again? Have I figured out a momentum that works for me? Well, I don't know. . . All I know is that I feel a lot better about graduate school and this particular graduate program. I'm also okay about being locationally separated from significant other. That was one of the more difficult parts of last term. I also don't feel like I have to be perfect in the eyes of most of my professors. They assume that I won't be anyway. So, I don't feel this stress about having to prove myself all the time. As for the other students. . . well, as usually, I don't honestly care what they think of me.

No comments: