Saturday, April 01, 2006

I ought to be depressed or something

This weekend has been crazy, and I haven't done a lick of intended work. I went to school yesterday, and that was fine, went home, packed, and then drove for about 3.5 hours to get to downtown Chicago. It was around 10:30 or 11pm when I checked into the Marriott.

It was a gorgeous hotel, beautiful view, etc. But, the gigantic king sized bed took up about 75% of the room. Also, I had to literally $40 for parking, $70 for gas, and $30 for a hamburger and beer. Yeah.

I went to my job interview today which went okay, but on my way back to the hotel to pick up my car, I tripped over a random curb which appeared in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk, and I think I may have sprained (sp?) my ankle and toes. It hurts like hell.

I proceeded to drive back up to Madison. Unfortunately, it took me about 2 hours to get out of the downtown area (due to heavy traffic). I then drove all the way back (seems fine). Once I got home and looked at my foot, I noticed that it is entirely swollen, starting bruise, and extremely painful. Now I need to spend the rest of my weekend writing stuff up, researching and writing for my rough draft due next Monday.

Oh yeah, of course I also need to set my clocks up and watch yet another hour of my life disappear into nothingness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try taking some ibuprofen. You can take up to 800 mg at a time. It'll help with the swelling and pain. Other wise, rest, elevate the foot, and use hot and cold compresses. It should help. If that doesn't work, see a doctor.

I hope your interview worked out. And I'm sad that you sprained your ankle.

Ellen Yu said...

Get better soon ^^