Friday, April 21, 2006

I guess, he's okay

I've lately been thinking about the actor Billy Bob Thornton, and I finally came to the following realization: I like Billy Bob Thornton. Now, I'm not saying that I want to have his babies or kiss his hillbilly feet. Billy Bob is quite an accomplished character actor. He keeps it real. He keeps me entertained. And at the end of the day, what more could you possibly expect from an actor? His depictions of mentally disabled Slingblade man to I could give a shit less safe cracking Santa are really quite strong. They're memorable. He's memorable. And there are definitely some instances when I am completely appalled by how grotesque he is, but there are also roles that are quite endearing in that "average joe just trying to make it" way. I like the fact that he seems practical and smart, but not booksmart, just reasonable. He's also quite matter of fact about getting laid. . . who couldn't appreciate that?

Anyway, that particular confession has been weighing down on me for months. There. I said it. I like Billy Bob Thornton. We can now move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But his voice over in Princess Mononoke was awful. Not to mention that "The Man Who Wasn't There" is probably the worst Coen bros film I've seen. Nooo!

Eh, you can like what you like.