Saturday, May 20, 2006

Pig farming and other novels that have bad subject matter

My training thus far has been quite smooth. I've found I can fall asleep during the instruction portion and still maintain an okay ability to perform the tasks at hand. Honestly though, I've really enjoyed the training, and I am really excited to get my summer going in Phoenix.

While I've been in Long Beach, I've seen a few of the sites:
  • The LACMA and their current exhibit of five Gustav Klimt paintings (oh yeah!)
  • The beach at Long Beach (we live 2 blocks away)
  • The island of Naples (we live 1 block away) and Sushi of Naples, an AMAZING restaurant
  • The Queen Mary (unfortunately not Mary of Scots, but the ship)
  • Alhambra, Monterey Park, and La Canada (there's a tilde somewhere in there)
  • The joy of mochi, belgium chocolates, dim sum, and wicked strong coffee
I still have this weekend to visit the Glendale Galleria with my extended family, enjoy a night of drunken revelry with my new found friends, visit West Coast Choppers during my lunch break (I'll try and get bumper stickers), and go night clubbing (yeah, right). As for the usual touristy things to do in SoCal, I will be skipping those. After all, Disney probably hasn't changed in the last 15 years. . .

Ironically, one of the favorite restaurants for my fellow co-workers happens to be Mimi's Cafe. That's just plain funny. I've basically travelled a thousand miles for food that I can get in my home town(s). Woo-hoo.

No comments: