Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm in L.A.

My summer job is about to start in an hour, and I am currently sitting in "my apartment" in Seal Beach, just south of Los Angeles. The weather is nice (as always). I have a really NICE bed. I miss having a bed this nice (did I ever have a bed this nice?).

I'm a bit nervous. . . but not entirely of the job. I'm still working on my paper for my class, but I have yet to type A SINGLE PAGE. I've been compiling a ton of information on the author and his work, and I'm in the midst of close reading passages with swains in them. Yep. Swains (not swans, look it up). Blah.

I'm already freaking out inside. I am worried this is not going to make it to my professor in time. I have no idea if he will offer me an incomplete. . . and ultimately, I'm not sure if I want to take it. This is a rather precarious situation to be in. . . Who's fault is it? Mine Mine Mine.

Our work schedule is 8:30-4:30, but it takes about 15-30 to drive to our work site. I have no idea what this will be like, but I have a feeling that it will be uncomfortable. This is one of the philosophies of the company. Put people into a state of disequilibrium so that they must learn more in order to adjust to a state of equilibrium. Pretty much like grad school.

1 comment:

Ellen Yu said...

Try your best Em. That's all you can do.

Think of the Xiao Bao to ease your worries.