Tuesday, May 02, 2006

2 down, 1 to go

I know I haven't been keeping you abreast of my mayem lately, but that's because I've been busy working my weary hands on some very sinister papers. So, I'm at the point right now where I have finished my pastoral paper (incidentally on Miyazaki's Nausicaa), and I am now taking a quick blogging break before I begin work on Thomson's Seasons. Little did I know that this work is rather cumbersome and has an extensive publication history. .. well, actually. . . I did know this, but I decided to do it anyway. Meh.

I just found out that I will be in LA this summer for about a month and then moving my way to Phoenix until August. Hopefully I will be an amazing teacher. Hopefully. I want to say that this may determine my future in academia. I've found more and more enjoyment in the editing and writing process than I actually do in the literary analysis process (but not so much in the way of composition studies). So. I never really tried my best in terms of my teaching. . . This may be the summer for me to give it my all and find out how rewarding it could be (or not be!).

I take delight in moments where I practically resolve issues in papers. . . It makes my heart skip a beat. I wonder if I can feel the same way about literary analysis again. . . I know I can about theory, but it's been a while for the thing that I'm actually supposed to enjoy. . . Is this pathetic, or am I just exhausted?

While enjoying my miel (yes, it's now one of my favorite caffeinated beverages), I noticed how cold it is. . . Drink faster, Em. . . faster!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Resolving issues on paper sounds very exciting to me. You should be able to do both, hopefully.