Sunday, March 27, 2005

Some much grading, yet I still don't care!

I have to ask myself why I am in the teaching biz, and I now know the nature of my love/hate relationship with this career. I love teaching. I love discussion. I love hearing my students, even if they are pontificating, talk about whatever it is they want to talk about. But, I've finally come to the conclusion that I absolutely hate grading with a passion. Grading just sucks.

At any rate, I just finished writing a first draft of my presentation with my handout, and I have just shipped it out to my reading committee for their opinions. I am also planning on providing food and alcohol to the presentation for everyone that is willing to show up. Since it is nearly the end of several presentations, I know that the "encourgement" from food and beverages will definitely help with my reception.

Other than that, I am still waiting on my first choice school to give me the final info on my additional fellowship. Still waiting. . . and waiting. . . and waiting. . .

No comments: