Wednesday, March 23, 2005

back in town and absolutely hating it

I finally got back into town around midnight on Sunday. It was quite the whirlwind experience, and I loved every minute of it. However, now that I am back, the things that only slightly irritated me now REALLY piss me off. I can't help myself.
I've also found myself incredibly behind. I got absolutely nothing done in terms of my own school work during the break. So I've been in the process of pulling all nighters and praying to the almighty caffeine and fruity water god for help. It's not been working too well, so I'm really hoping for a second wind to get me back up to speed after this weekend.

In other news, I think I've made my final decision for grad school. . . but I want to wait about 2 weeks before I send out all of my notifications. I need to wait because this school promised to contact me about more funding ($$), but they are currently on break now. Once I get the $$, I'll accept. Hell, I might accept anyway.

We have a final countdown in terms of our MA projects. I'm the last person in the "graduate on time" group -- meaning that I will be doing my presentation on April 8th at 5pm. Good times. This is far more nerve destroying than the actual process of writing that damn paper. The main scare is the 20 minute question and answer session from hell. Basically, people who have never read your paper are now allowed to interrogate you about the paper and grade you and fail or pass you based on how well you answer questions. Thus far, they have passed many ass clowns because they had no criteria. Now, they have plenty of criteria, and they are ready to roast us away.

Good times, good times.

No comments: