Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Such a sad day

I really find the apt words of Eric Burns on this day to be quite poignant. Today is the last day of Queen of Wands. I loved reading this strip. It was one of my first introductions to webcomics, and I remained a die-hard fan of this strip till the end. And the ending was exactly what I would have expected for an ending.

I don't normally get emotional when it comes to webcomics. I just don't. But today, I started tearing up at the final goodbyes, especially the goodbye to Denver.

I think many of us, at some point in our lives, realize that we must take that extra step -- that step away from friends, family, and familiarity -- to move forward. I'm glad that Kestrel is moving on. I'm glad that Aeire is moving on too. But, I really had hoped in my somewhat escapist and idealistic daydreams that this ending would have been delayed for a while longer.

I already miss it.

No comments: