Monday, February 21, 2005

Is it still February?

I am always saying this, yet it seems truer every year. . . Isn't time flying by? So, now I await the news of my masters project. ..I will probably get a ton of criticism on it, and I'll only have about 4 days to get it squared away as a final draft. I also have to apply to OSU's scholarships, and I was considering entering my paper into an 18th century contest for $100 and publication. I was thinking about the JASNA contest, but this year's topic is outside of my range.

I think I have about 3 presentations to prepare (including my project's presentation), 3 final papers, and about 3 or 4 books I need to read during Spring Break. It's going to be a ton of fun. yeah, right.

Many of us in the program are freaking out about the future. We worry about what's going to happen to us if and when we graduate with our Masters. Our hopes are that we get jobs or go to schools or even survive the realities of unemployment and academia in a not-so-great economy.

You would think that I would be used to this. After all, this isn't the first time I've graduate with a degree. But, I'm not the kind of person who can kick back and relax when there are so many things that are unplanned that make a major impact on my life.

But, kicking back is what I'll have to do. After all, you can't control the world. Not all the time, that is.

No comments: