Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Joys of Finishing Yet Another Draft!

I'm now on the proofreading portion of my journey. Oh Frabjous Day! I'm also simultaneously watching Blade II while I try to catch all of my weird antics and typos in my last full reading of my project. Now the project will fall into the hands of my reading committee. . . Whether by my own foolishness or genius, my entire committee is comprised of the toughest readers in the department. I wanted meticulousness. . . I wanted perfection. . . But now I want to be done with it all.

I don't think this will be a problem. Another interesting turn of events is the schedules of my faithful readers. They are busier than anybody else because they are also serving on 4-5 other people's committees. Maybe it's a good thing? It's hard to say. At any rate, I plan on having a draft to them no later than Tuesday. More than likely, I will be dropping it in their mailboxes sometime tomorrow.

On another note, my S.O.'s birthday will be on Tuesday. We are planning on somehow celebrating his 28th birthday over next weekend because he has some kind of evil, demonic test in a clas of difficulty on Wednesday. I am planning on, hopefully, getting him a copy of the latest South Park (which is coming out on the same day as his B-Day). This should be exciting and fun for him, I hope. I think he just wants a nice lunch at LD Buffet. . . .well, we'll see.

We had dinner at Roma's tonight. . . It's the first time we've eaten out in months. Eh. . . it was okay. Nothing special. Once you get used to the joys of frozen food and take out pizza, nothing seems to really fill the void of hunger any longer.

No comments: