Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Incentive

At the end of every semester, I provide myself with some kind of material or tangible incentive for getting my work done. Of course, there are the benefits to finishing that can only be expressed through a sigh of relief or a beam of pride... but these don't really work when I'm in the throngs of paper writing.

Usually, I offer myself a sushi dinner... I am more than willing to go to a sushi restaurant, by myself, and gorge myself on a variety of sashimi pieces. I love to take in and savor my favorite, yellowtail tuna, which melts in your mouth with a slightly sweet aftertaste.

This year, however, there is no sushi. This year, I'm abstaining from playing Super Mario Galaxy. This is supposed to be the greatest game made this year. Of all gaming systems. Moreover, this is the greatest game made on the Wii.

Furthermore, this isn't really helping my motivation. Now, all I think about is this game and not my paper. Why is food such a better motivator than a video game?

I think I shall play a little bit of the game, just to see how great it is... Yeah... That's the ticket!

No comments: