Sunday, December 16, 2007

I can't believe it

Y'know, I've always reluctantly shopped at Walmart. Everyone knows that they're bad, right? Well, I'm beginning to change my mind.

Yesterday, we decided to check out the new Super Walmart in Monona. It's the first green Walmart, and let me just say that this is the best freakin' Walmart I've ever seen. Ever. Aside from the fact that it's pro-environmental, it also has pleasant florescent lighting, attractive color schemes that incorporate black (which really does make you feel like you're shopping somewhere classy), and a pleasant quietness. Moreover, the cooler/freezer sections light up only when you walk by them, and there were no messes on the floors or in the parking lot. It's simply beautiful.

We realized after running around the store that no one was using the PA system to shout about random specials, and there are no lcd screens at the checkout stands that attack you with commercials. Everything about shopping at this Walmart was pleasant. They even have an underground, indoor parking garage. I even giggled as I pushed my cart onto a cart escalator... Yes, a cart escalator... just like the one in IKEA.

Keith beamed over the same low prices that he misses since he's left Colorado. I was pleased with the overall atmosphere and friendly service. Finally, they also have a Subway near the underground parking garage. I don't honestly know how this place could get any better.


We've either become crazy or Walmart has realized its potential. Probably a little of both. Wow.

No comments: