Thursday, February 09, 2006

Strange bad but good occurrence

I just started using Library Thing to catalog all of my books online. It's a great service! You can catalog up to 200 books for free, but memberships will let you catalog as much as you want. Now, I recently (in the last week) put up about 200 books from my collection (which is a little less than half so far). When I returned to the site to tag some of my books, I noticed that most of them were gone. It turns out that they had a major server crash and lost about 160 of my books. Which is a little disappointing. However, to make up for it, they gave me a free membership! I was planning on purchasing a membership eventually, and now I don't have to for at least another year.

If you look to the right of my blog, you'll notice a random sampling of some of the books in my collection. Well, right now it's a random sampling of about 20 books in my collection. I'll have to get cracking on that again sometime next week.

Year memberships are $10, Lifetime ones are $25

No comments: