Saturday, February 25, 2006

Happy Birthday to Somebody Else

So, my significant other's birthday was this week. It was a strange experience because I couldn't celebrate the day with him. However, I plan on taking him out for dinner (and possibly getting an ice cream cake) when I visit during Spring Break.

In other news, I've been at home in my pajamas all day today. . . I've finally had the opportunity to watch all the CSI's I've missed this past semester and that child molester edition of Dateline NBC, which is simultaneously disgusting and entertaining. I can't believe how many men are interested in hooking up with young children. . . It is absolutely appalling, and I wonder if it is part of the increasing feelings of inadequacy that Susan Faludi describes in Stiffed. I shouldn't assume that this behavior is specifcally a product of this culture. . . Many novelists describe similar inklings in men of different cultures, histories, etc. Oddly, Dateline even commented on how women did not engage in this activity whatsoever. It's definitely something to think about.

On a more positive note. . . has anyone played Sudoku? Why is this game so addictive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not you too!! Dad's trying to get us all to play it. Yay rss feed! Now I can keep tabs on your and Ellen's blog.

Pardon my poor English, being trained to explain things at a 6th grade level does not help!