Saturday, October 08, 2005

Where's Mister Cellophane?



Yesterday was my very first trip to Chicago. The only times I've seen Chicago were either from an airport or a train station. This time, I went with a couple of friends (both from Colorado) to the Art Institute of Chicago. There was an exhibit on Toulouse Latrec, but, unfortunately, the tickets for that day were sold out. However, the rest of the museum has so much great stuff! I saw many Picassos, Van Goghs, Renoirs, Piscarros, Matisses, Monets, Magrittes, Dalis, etc. It was rather overwhelming to take in. They also had this really odd miniature room museum in their basement. We had to skip most of the older European works, American works, and Asian works because there was no way we would have been able to see it all.

After several hours of museum time, we went to eat at a really great Vietnamese restaurant nearby. I believe it was called To Pho. Really excellent. . . Plus, we just hit happy hour at the restaurant, which meant all the food was half price!

After a really fantastic dinner, we went to H&Ms for some really great deals on clothes. I have to say that yesterday was one of the best day trips I have ever taken (which sounds cliche, but in this case it is quite true). My friends and I hope to make a class weekend in the future, maybe grabbing a hotel room downtown to party in.

Later tonight, we're heading to Glass Nickel Pizza for dinner. They have the best Feta-licious and Ranch Chicken pizzas I have had in my life. Seriously. Their pizzas are hearty, but you never get tired of how good they taste. I don't honestly think I can go back to eating Blackjack or Pizza Hut again.

Ok, so this post sounds like an ad. . . sorry guys, I just got carried away. . . It's back to reading Rochester. . .

1 comment:

Ellen Yu said...

Damn now I'm hungry!

I'm very jealous Em. ^^

Thanks for the links by the way.