Thursday, December 16, 2004

Paranoia can get the best of you

Ok, so I happen to be totally insane. I don't know why, but for whatever reason, I thought that my DGS was out to get me. I know, I know. . . I'm absolutely nuts. Well, when it's right after finals week, and you've been deprived of sleep for the past two weeks, you'd be a little nuts too.
He wrote me a wonderful letter of rec. I mean wonderful in the most wonderful way. And yet, my paranoid self assumed that he wrote a bad rec. Probably because of the size of the letter. Whatever. . . Did I account for small font? No. Did I account for my own paranoid delusions after weeks of sleeplessness? No. So what do I get? Shame. Major shame for even considering that he was being mean to me.
All in all, it's a lesson to be learned. And did I learn it well. I was grateful for the fact that I came to my senses and that I thanked him regardless for the time he took to be my DGS, regardless of my suspicions. He's a great DGS. I'm a total schmuck.

Ladies and gentlemen, never make a decision about someone when you don't have the capacity to make decisions. It's bad ju-ju.

I'm sending the letters out anyway. They're going out priority because I am a total dick.

No comments: