Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Laundry Day, Laundry Day

Today was a total waste of time. I'm currently in the process of procrastinating my master's project. This is day 3 of my "technically" working on it. I spent this morning sleeping in. This is a nice luxury that few can afford to do during the semester. I also went out for a nice tan. I used to be against getting tans in tanning salons until I found out that the occasional unnatural zap of UV prevents me from going into a deep depression. This was something that I should have done when I was going nuts last term. Oh well. I then watched Shawn of the Dead with the special commentary on weird zombie references. Then I turned on some episodes from Firefly and have been doing laundry ever since.

It's a really disturbing and disgusting habit of mine to do laundry only about once every three months. I had a theory as an undergrad that if you had enough socks and underwear, you could probably avoid doing laundry indefinitely. That's where I am at right now -- out of matching socks and underwear. I'm currently in the process of washing my second load of whites. Next will be the blues, and then finally the evil reds.

Yesterday I was again a total lame ass by watching the entire set of episodes for the Long Way Round. If anybody knows me even slightly, they know that I have an absolute and undying obsession with Ewan McGregor. And I have to admit that I would probably never want to meet Ewan in person because I have the fear that I would no longer hold him on such a high pedestal. I've found this to be the case whenever I meet famous people I crush on. For example, I was absolutely smitten with Adam from You Can't Do That on Television. I met him in the flesh at a bank opening in Denver, and I was totally crushed that he didn't meet my expectations. First off, a lot of those episodes were reruns, so I didn't expect how much older he would be in comparison to me. Second, he's a lot taller and thinner than what's shown on TV (yes, the cliche holds true). So, I was totally taken aback when I found him to be somewhat gangly.

All in all, I think it's perfectly fine to have an obsession with someone famous and unattainable. As long, of course, as they remain completely unattainable.

No comments: