Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life.
Today is the first day that I've experienced having nothing to do. I can't even say that is true for the entire day. The first half of the day was doing what I promised myself I would have done yesterday. I just finished mailing out all of my Ph.D. applications, and I'm not crossing my fingers on this one. I also was ordered to take a break during my "break" before I jam out some of my master's project.
I don't know how many people have to write a project during their MA program, but I know that we have to. It's ok. It's basically a 30-50 page way to say that you love someone -- or not. I'm doing mine on a book by Jane Austen. She's great. Some of her fans are scary. And I am a total poser. I have to admit that I've only read 2 1/2 of her books. Yup, you heard me, you freaky Austen nuts! I'm hoping to remedy this over the break (and at least before I graduate to better things).
I should give a detailed account of my past year at the small university in redneck hell, but I won't. Instead, I can give you a summary. I worked my ass off. It was long and hard, not to add more of a phallic image to this. The town smells like ass. I have no social life outside of school anymore. All my friends either went back to law school or dissolved into the ether known as tech support hell. My significant other (which I will dub the S.O.) doesn't make much sense since his ramblings convernted into degrees kelvin. Need I say more?
I think my goal in life will be to write cheesy movie scripts for the new teen crowds. I will convert the classics we have learned to love into these cheesy movies. It will be great. Well, I doubt its greatness, but it will probably make me some good money if I become successful. Hmm. . . maybe I ought to think about law school. . .

No comments: