Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What was I thinking?

Well, today. . . or yesterday, since it's now 1am. . . was my first day of classes for the fall semester. Yay! I worked in the Writing Center for 3 hours, which was equivalent to chatting up writers as they came in for appointments and instructors as they sat waiting for appointments. It was nice. I also went to my 18C novel class, which was fantastic! I am very pleased.

My silly mistakes this evening included the following:
  1. Forget to buy food before today. Or Labor Day.
  2. Forget to eat. I should have eaten either before 6pm or after 8:30pm
  3. Go to the library without eating
  4. Stay at the library without checking the time
  5. Print out my syllabus and student questionaires for tomorrow for FREE at the office
  6. Go home at 10:30 and just chill for a couple of hours
  7. Run to Taco Bell and Kinkos because I didn't eat or copy earlier in the evening.
  8. Get back at 1am and begin typing a long blog
  9. Sign up for a 7am Sunrise Yoga class. Duh!
I wanted Yoga to be a release from stress. Now I realize how stress inducing that idea is. I will have to get up and dress up, then dress down, then sweat, then undress, then shower, then dress up again in order to look presentable for teaching. Haha!
I'll probably fall out of bed, catch the bus, do the yoga thing and hate it, nearly fall asleep, climb back on the bus, get showered and dressed at home, come back and realize I forgot something important (like my bra, syllabus, etc).

We shall see! Have at thee, Sunrise Yoga class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's always how I felt about going to the gym. It's supposed to be this huge stress relief, but there's 8 million other things that take *time* that go with it! Could you rent a locker at the gym and shower there and bring your school stuff with you? I would have never gone to the gym if I had not done that at UNC. (But then, I was driving down from Fort Collins, so I could not go home easily just to shower.)

I hope you love the yoga! Jeremy and I are thinking of taking yoga again just to see what hilarious instructor we get. We're going to try to talk my husband into going too, but we'll see. :-)