Friday, August 19, 2005

At last. . .

I'm almost finished unpacking and ordering my new apartment in Madison, WI. So far, the weather is very humid and sticky. . . I hate rolling around in sweat all the time, but most people have told me that my body will adjust to the weather after a few weeks. Well, it's been two, and no. . . no adjusting has yet occurred. Although, I did notice my skin is much softer and my hair much frizzier than before. ARgh!

What I greatly anticipate is the new semester at a new school. I can't make any comparisons with the old program, and I must think positively and intelligently (with a slight degree of skepticism) while I am here. I must also learn not to talk so openly about my increasing OCD. It's never a good idea to meet new people who are not accustomed to the OCD experience. Not fun, not one bit.

I also stocked up the refrigerator with many beverages. I have 1 six pack of Guiness Extra Stout, 1 quart of Chocolate Silk, 3 12packs of Diet Rite in assorted flavors, 1 bottle of fruit juice, and 1 remaining bottle of a local microbrew.

I know that many folks in Wisconsin believe that their beer is the best, but come on! I'm from Colorado. Microbreweries like Breckenridge, New Belgium, and Oasis are phenomenal. You cannot compare Milwaukee beer to the beer in Colorado. There's just no denying it. Sorry Wisconsinites. . . your beer just isn't as good!

How can you compare a beer with a name like Smiling Cow to Sunshine Wheat??? You really can't!

I also don't understand Packer Pride, but I didn't really understand Bronco worshipping either. Let's face it; I'm just here for hockey!

No comments: