Monday, January 31, 2005

Blackboard, Blackboard, toil and trouble. . .

I think I am rather computer literate. Although, I hate those kinds of snazzy little terms that sound oh-so-cool in this post-modern era, but I honestly think that I do know my way around software apps and the like. However, it was tonight's tango with Blackboard that left me scratching my head for a little while. . .

Typing in student grades didn't seem to be too much trouble. I did this late Friday night. However, tonight I noticed they weren't even there! So, I had to dig them up and retype them into their happy little places. I would love to be able to upload a spreadsheet with my grades into Blackboard, but apparently I don't have the kind of administrative access it takes to change the roll. This is very odd to me. I mean, why shouldn't we be able to add and remove anyone we want from Blackboard??

Along the lines of conspiracy theory, the missing harddrive from my university is still MIA. Apparently, benefactors of life insurance policies are also at risk for identity theft. One of my TA buddies is hoping that the thief just wanted the hdd for Everquest 2. One can only hope.

This is also our last week for job candidates. Well, at least for the committee that I'm on. Good times. The greatest thing about this whole process is the free meals. The second greatest is what I'm actually learning out of it. Academia is amazingly difficult to procure a job from. I'm a little concerned, but I'm hoping that 3-4 more years of this will help me out with my heebie-geebies.

As my advisor and former child of the eighties once said, "Never let 'em see you sweat!"

No comments: