Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Whoa, nelly!

Today was the first day of classes for me. . . It was a really fun experience. I got up early to work out with my new AOF buddies, and then I went home to shower and eat. I then went to my first seminar in Madison. Loads of fun! The discussion was interesting, people were engaged. . . It seems so long ago when people actually engaged in discussion back in Greeley. I'm really enjoying myself...

Of course, there is a downside to everything. In this case, I wasn't entirely prepared for the amount of work I would be doing. It's a lot! And I don't have my other 3 courses until next week. So, the workload is already quite incredible. I hope I can balance all of this out WITH a job. I'll be applying for a cheesy parttime job typing for TTY. I hope I get the position, although who knows. I had to jot down a basic schedule, and it left me with working only on the weekend and Wednesday nights. Oh well!

I really enjoy the fact that this grad school is non-competitive in the classroom. We have a great program, and I feel really secure with the people in my class. I don't need to worry about covering my books or anything like that. It's great!

1 comment:

Ellen Yu said...

Awesome Em!

You really had to cover your books during class?...now I know why Greely is a cow-town.

I'm so glad your happy. Xiao Bao is meeping and smiling as well...in addition to eating everything in site.

Oy...so tired. It makes me wonder why Christina doesn't have as much workload. Wasn't her third year suppose to be the hardest?

Oh well..your covered in books and I'm covered in paint lol.

Talk to you later ^^