Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Official "If I had time, I would read this" Booklist

Every time someone recommends an interesting book for me to read, I always say that I will read it when I have the time. Since I'm still pushing through graduate school, there really is no time. Well, now that I will be a dissertator in the near (or not so near) future, I've decided to squeeze these books in during short periods of "free" time (like riding the bus, sitting in the bathroom, going to bed at night, proctoring exams, waiting for people at the airport, etc). So far, I've managed to knock down a few (Frankenstein and Lolita).

Here are the rest (in no particular order):
  • The God of Small Things (I honestly never finished (sorry, Tomas!), but I'm currently working on it)
  • Ulysses (was working on it as bedtime fodder)
  • The Buru Quartet
  • The Thursday Next novels by Jasper Fforde
  • His Dark Materials trilogy
  • The Dark Tower Series (which I've been dying to read for about a decade)
  • Harry Potter (2 down, how many to go?
  • À la recherche du temps perdu
  • For the Time Being
  • Pattern Recognition
  • Cloud 9
  • Persuasion
  • War and Peace
  • Lemony Snicket
  • The Dubliners
  • A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
  • The Faerie Queene
  • Anti-Pamela

No comments: